2023 Graphic Design Contest
We’re redefining what’s possible in rural North Carolina, and we need your help to spread the word!
Design an image that illustrates the Golden LEAF Scholarship’s goal of increasing opportunities for North Carolina’s rural areas by investing in students who attend a North Carolina institution, graduate, and express an intent to return to a rural community in the state.
The winning design will be featured throughout the 2023-2024 academic year on Golden LEAF Scholarship promotional materials including a set of stickers that will be made available to current and alumni scholars.
All submissions must be entered by February 17th at 11:59pm EST.
To be eligible, entrants must be a current or alumni Golden LEAF Colleges and Universities Scholarship recipient and must be at least 18 years old.
Submission Details & Guidelines
- This contest is free to enter and will run from December 30, 2022- February 17, 2023.
- Submit your design and information through this online submission form (no submissions through any other means will be accepted).
- All submissions must be original art. No photography, personas, or likenesses that have not been authorized by the subject will be accepted. Submissions may not include materials that are subject to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
- Accepted file formats: .pdf,.png, .jpg.
- Only one submission per entrant.
- There are no limits on the design; however, submissions should illustrate Golden LEAF Scholarship goals/mission and follow its brand color palette (listed below).
1. Connection to Golden LEAF’s mission
2. Enrollment in and graduation from a college in North Carolina
3. Possession of leadership skills and collegiate work experience
4. Successful workforce outcomes and a return to rural North Carolina after college graduation
Golden LEAF Scholarship Color Palette
Teal (HEX: #3e836a )
Blue (HEX: #71b6d1 )
Black (HEX: #000000)
Grey (HEX: #58595b)
Gold (HEX: #deb31a)
Brown (HEX: #572600)
White (HEX: #ffffff)
Green (HEX: #386430)
Selection Criteria & Winner Announcement
The Golden LEAF Foundation staff will select the top two to three finalist designs based on:
- A unified and clear image design and message
- Positive content: no inappropriate language or visuals
- If the design is appealing and can spread the Golden LEAF Scholarship mission
Current and alumni Golden LEAF Colleges and Universities Scholarship recipients will then vote to select the winner from the finalists. In the event of a tie, Golden LEAF staff will determine the winner.
The winning design will be announced on Golden LEAF Scholarship social media platforms and the winning contestant will receive notification via email by April 21, 2023.